lifetime tamarack 100 vs 120
Ready for the lifetime tamarack 120 vs. lifetime tamarack 100? If you think lifetime kayaks are fantastic, then this article is going to be perfect for you. In it, we will discuss Lifetime’s two most popular fishing kayaks – lifetime tamarack 120 and lifetime tamarack 100. The comparison between these two models can help you make a decision on which one to buy. So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Basic Difference Between Lifetime Tamarack 100 and 120
The lifetime tamarack 120 is a longer kayak. But the lifetime tamarack angler 100 has a shorter length, which can help you be more agile and maneuverable in tight spaces. These models are made for fishing purposes, so they have similar features, such as rod holders and scupper holes.
The lifetime tamarack 120 has more storage space than the lifetime tamarack angler 100 because it’s longer and has two hatches instead of one hatch, which is found on the lifetime kayak 100. The lifetime tamarack 120 also features a large cockpit that can be used for fishing, touring, or any other activity you want to do on your boat.
Lifetime Tamarack 100 vs 120 is an exciting lifetime kayaks topic if you’re looking for something new in this area!
Let’s Go for a Comparison Between Lifetime Tamarack 100 vs 120:
A brief overview of the two kayaks would have you believe they are nearly identical. In this article, we’re mining for the finer details of lifetime tamarack 100 vs 120:
Lifetime Tamarack 120
The lifetime tamarack 120 is a 10-feet kayak that helps to fish in calm water. The lifetime tamarack series of kayaks are majorly used for fishing, and the lifetime tamarack 120 is vastly known for its usefulness during fishing. This 10-feet Kayak quickly takes up the load because of the capacity of 275 lbs. The regular flat bottom part helps the lifetime tamarack 120 to stay stable while fishing. A large storage option is provided in this lifetime tamarack, which can be beneficial for long-time fishing. As its weight is 52 lbs., you can quickly pace it up using paddles, and 31 inches wide-body lets you paddle with ease without any difficulty.
- One-person Sit On Top kayak
- Two flush mount rod holders, one top mount rod holder
- Deep hull channels for superior tracking
- Chine rails for additional stability
- Padded seat back for comfort on the water
- Stable, flat bottom
- Footrests adjust to multiple positions for varying size riders
- Two 6″ storage hatches- one at the rear, one at the center
- Paddle cradle with shock cord
- Allover UV protection eliminates color fade, cracks, and splits
- Front and rear shock cords
- Front and rear T-handles
- High-density polyethylene construction
- Carry handles for transportation
- Manufacturer’s 5-year limited warranty
- Length: 10’0″/120″
- Carry weight: 52 lbs.
- Weight capacity: 275 lbs.
- Material: HD polyethylene
- Brand: Lifetime
- Country of Origin: United States of America
- Color: Olive
Pros of Lifetime Tamarack 120 :
- Offers great stability
- Comes with waterproof storage space
- Great weight carrying capability with two large compounds
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body
- UV protection all over the kayak body
- Two Flush Mounted Rod Holders specially design for fishing
Cons of Lifetime Tamarack 120 :
- The speed of this boat can be slow due to its heavyweight
- The backrest feature is not up to the mark
Lifetime Tamarack 100
The lifetime tamarack 100 is the successor of lifetime tamarack 120 and also the updated version. It has a 10 feet long body along with a width of 31 inches. The 14 inches depth and 5 inches draft will allow you to sit appropriately in this Kayak from the lifetime tamarack series. Along with that, you will get a padded seat and an adjustable backrest for providing comfort during paddling, which is some of the best parts of this Kayak from Lifetime’s tamarack series.
The capacity for this lifetime tamarack 100 is 275 lbs which are the same as lifetime tamarack 120.
The lifetime tamarack 100 is a good choice for beginners and people who are not too tall. However, in the case of taller paddlers, lifetime tamarack 120 would be the best option because lifetime tamarack 100 only has an adjustable backrest, providing little or no comfort compared to lifetime tamarack 120.
- Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders
- One Adjustable Fishing Rod Holder
- Hatch for Added Storage Beneath the Deck
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
- Front and Rear Shock Cords
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
- Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Stable Flat Bottom
- One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6-Inch Storage Compartments in Rear and Center
- Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 275 lb.
- Width: 31 in.
- Weight 51 lb.
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited
- Height: 14 in.
- Hull Material High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Draft: 5 in.
- Length: 120 in.
Pros of Lifetime Tamarack 100 :
- It is an affordable, simple and stable fishing kayak
- Best value sit on to kayak
- Larger storage capacity
- Great features with 5 years warranty
Cons of Lifetime Tamarack 100 :
- The hatches are not entirely water tight.
- Not as fast as the lengthier kayaks
In general common similarities of Both Tamarack Kayak:
Stability is an essential quality for fishing kayaks, so it’s no surprise that the Tamarack has some of the most stability in its class. The hull design features chine rails to prevent tipping and wide flat planks on top from providing a safe platform where you can get your cast without worrying about capsizing or dumping over side.
The Tamarack is a durable kayak that will last for years. You don’t need to worry about it getting damaged when you’re out fishing because the high-density polyethylene hull can take on collisions without cracking and doesn’t require much in terms of maintenance as standard, with UV resistant coating included, which helps protect from fading so if you plan to spend hours outside on days where there’s plenty of sunlight then consider investing in a canopy! With an added five-year warranty, this limited warranty clarifies just how confident they are that their product won’t let them down.
The Tamarack fishing kayak is perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors but need a comfortable boat. According to Anglers, a fishing kayak must be very comfy because they sit and wait hours at a time while sitting in their vehicle on water. The comfort of this vessel depends entirely upon how tall you are (as well as other factors). This particular model has built-in storage lockers, which may take up some leg space if your legs don’t fit underneath. There is no adjustable seat or backrests, so taller paddlers should think about another possible solution before purchasing with this type of design.
After reading this blog post, do you have a better idea of which Lifetime Tamarack 100 or 120 kayak to buy? If so, we hope that our comparison has been helpful. We’re also happy to answer any questions about these two models if you are still unsure what the best choice is for your needs. Let us know!